This is where it all began for me.


The discovery of Janelle McLean lying about having cancer came as a result of a few of us who had met her in person becoming suspicious. I had started following Janelle on twitter back in January of 2010. In the following months I had become almost obsessed with her health and the many many problems she was having as a result of Stage IV melanoma. At one point I and other followers were told that she was in a coma as a result of a some complications during surgery. We were told this by her 'friend Hayley' who turned out to be one of Janelle's other personalities. Amazingly she survived and was once again on the road to recovery. Phew what a relief! 

She started selling post-it notes on her blog to raise money for the Queensland Institute of Medical Research. I purchased 'post-it' notes with her Logo on them. After transferring the money to her account she asked if she could meet me in person to give me the post-it notes. Myself and 2 other followers met up with her one Saturday in Surfers Paradise for coffee and this was when the alarm bells first started to ring for me.

  • She didn't look like someone who was dying of Cancer or like someone who had been undergoing treatment for Cancer.
  • She did not want to discuss her meeting the previous day in Sydney with the famous Brain Surgeon Dr Teo.
  • She would not look me in the eye when she spoke to me. 
  • She passed an envelope to me containing the post-it notes and again didn't look me in the eye or thank me openly for my donation/purchase.
All of which I found very odd. On Monday when I got to work I had decided to do some investigating of my own. I rang Dr Teo's  office and asked for the accounts dept stating I was Janelle's sister and wanted to pay her account. They had never heard of her. I logged on to twitter and saw that one of her other followers had posted a msg saying that she felt like she had been lied to and it snowballed from there.

I will be posting emails and discussions that have been added to a private group that was created in Facebook. This group was created so that all those who had been affected by her could come there and vent in private. In a way the group became like a group therapy session as some women were deeply affected by Janelle's lies.

If you have anything you would like to contribute please email it to liesofjanellemclean@gmail.com. 

This woman needs to be stopped before she engages her next audience. 

Belle

1 comment:

yep..me said...

want her address and phone number ? makes me wonder how she paid for the near new suv she is driving and trying to sell for 25k

Post a Comment